Art

Art

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Diaper Cake Tips


You've all seen those adorable diaper cakes on pinterest.  Most all of them have one thing in common, individually rolled diapers.  To save a lot of time, use the "swirled diaper" technique. 

Place the diapers in a circle.  Then use your hand to help guide them into a swirled shape.  Use ribbon or tulle to cinch the diaper mass together.  I've found this way to be a lot quicker than rolling each individual diaper.  I also like the look of it as much or more than the rolled diapers.




Another great tip:  Use double-sided tape to stick the layers of "cake" together.  I used an extra wide tape that was meant for holding rugs in place. I also used double-sided tape to adhere the bear into a cuddly position on the cake, it added the perfect finishing touch!


Like what you see?  Follow me on facebook by "liking" my facebook page, thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. This is the Most ADORABLE diaper cake I have EVER seen! You are right about the cuddly little bear being the finishing touch - it's like the frosting on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By using tape, won't it ruin the diapers for being able to use on the baby? Won't it tear the diapers? Just wondering. Your cake IS ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete