Art

Art

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

DIY Boot Socks


I picked up this sweater today at a thrift store for 50 cents.  It's toddler size, and had a snag on the front, so I wanted to re-purpose it.  I've been wanting to try out making some boot socks, and let me tell you, this was one of the quickest and easiest projects I have ever done.


Snip snip snip

Sew sew sew


Turn them inside out, and fold them over.  Now time to wear, it was THAT simple!



What to do with those little left over scraps?  


I've been wanting to try out making sweater ornaments, here's how I did it:


First I peeled off the thread of a thrift store ornament, pack of 5 for 50 cents.  Next, I put them into the sleeves (remember, this was a toddler sized sweater).  Then, I used a hot glue gun to seal up the ends.


And here is the end result, cozy winter sweater ornaments.  I love how they look like over-sized pom-pom's.


Now what to do with THESE scraps???




9 comments:

  1. You are just TOO amazing! The ornament pom-poms are SUPER cute and the boot socks are DARLING! Now make Lily something out of the teeny tiny scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You're my number one fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing,perfect ornaments

    ReplyDelete
  4. What to do with remaining scraps? Save them up for the next thing that needs stuffing, and use it instead of kapok/whatever you usually use. Might need to be cut up small, to minimise lumpiness. Thanks for tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I wear boot socks with these riding boots?
    boot cuffs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I just love what you did with these ornaments, they are simply too darlings, now I have to go get myself sem ornaments of my own and start cutting some of my old sweaters but I<ll need to sew up since I<m a size 3X lol... but I<ll try to get a similar result because it is so cool.This is my first visit to your beautiful blog.
    Thank so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also wanted to let you know that I'm adding you to my blog so other people can get to see your blog.
    maybe you can visit me recupefashion.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the arts/design of your website. I am so thrilled I found your website, I really found you by mistake, while I was browsing on Yahoo for something I found another one Sneha arts like you, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a tremendous post blog and check these Arts fairs , also look like your website on arts.

    ReplyDelete