Art

Art

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Photographing Home Decor


With my photos, I usually just show the good stuff, but today I want to show you my process in how I get to that good point.

Here is where I started.  I like to take lots and lots of shots (pictured below are just a few from the whole shoot).  I look at the images on the screen of my camera.  Sometimes a great composition in real life, doesn't look the same on the screen. From the photo below, you can see there is a lot that needs done composition-wise.


I pulled in closer and added the bird.


We're getting closer.  I removed the bird and the map, and put the plant back on the books.


I moved the plant back, and added the map back in (the map adds a nice layer, and height).  This photo has layers, texture, color, a focal point and contrast.  This is the final, and I love the end result.



No comments:

Post a Comment